The past couple days have been pretty crazy. I didn’t have a chance to blog last night because I was too beat after Geekfest!
Here is some random stuff from the past 2 days:
Keynote day 2:
- The Gu gave a great keynote and talked about Silverlight pretty much the entire time. I’m really getting the feeling that this is a big piece the future of web development for Microsoft.
- There was a lot of talk about Windows 7 and how awesome it is, and how they really want us to create some butt kicking apps to make it better.
- Scott Hanselman gave a little demo of creating a business app with Silverlight, that was cool.
- They made the big announcement that all PDC attendees would receive a free tablet PC! I’m actually writing this post on mine now. Super sweet!
- After the keynote I went to Hanselman’s session on asp.net mvc 2. It was titled something like “Super awesome ninjas on fire and mvc 2” or something. It was really good, probably my favorite session at the conference. He was super funny and informative, as always.
- I attended another session by Stephen Walther on MVC 2 where he covered all of the new stuff. A lot of cool enhancements that I really like.
- After the day was over they had Geekfest! A big party with games, beer, food and pumping music. It was fun, but only 2 hours long :(
- My coworker and I ended the evening by playing a little Halo on the 360 machines they had setup.
- Here’s a list of stuff that I heard a lot about, and I want to learn much more:
* RIA Services
* MVC 2
PDC this year was a blast. Tons of content, more than I could take in. I’ll be hitting the PDC site to download sessions that I missed and I’ll be digging into some of the labs I didn’t have a chance to get through. It was a crazy 3 days, but loads of fun!
I'm a software developer who works primarily with .NET and C# - but I love exploring new languages and technologies. I'm passionate about creating software and learning how to do it better.